Situated on the south bank of the River Tyne sandwiched between Gateshead and Jarrow and less than seven miles from the centre of Newcastle, Hebburn is brought within easy reach of a vast choice of shops, cinemas, theatres, galleries and nightlife by excellent transport links as well as benefiting from many local amenities including shops, pubs and parks.
Getting around the North East couldn't be easier with local Metro Stations offering frequent services and Bus Connections leading to Newcastle City Centre, North Tyneside, Sunderland and everything in between in addition to road links A184 and A19 leading to the A1(M). Trains from Heworth Railway Station, a little further away, run to Middlesbrough and Newcastle, with some services carrying on to Carlisle.
Shopping & Leisure
Shop until you drop at intu Eldon Square in Newcastle City Centre or intu Metrocentre in Gateshead. If you need a quick stop for your regular bits and pieces, call into Mountbatten Shopping Centre complete with shops including ASDA, ALDI, Farmfoods, Greggs, Heron Foods, Boots and more. Hebburn Central is a world-class building at the heart of Hebburn, offering a gym, exercise and fitness classes, sports facilities, two pools and a state of the art library. From local delights such as Sandhaven Beach in South Shields to Hebburn Riverside Park and the vast countryside and coast of Northumberland there are plenty of places to explore.
If finding the right school is at the top of your agenda then you won't have to look too far with a range of local primary schools, Hebburn Comprehensive and St Joseph’s Catholic Academy and Sixth Form College all on your doorstep. A little further away there is easy access to Gateshead College and the renowned universities in Newcastle.
Coal mining in Hebburn can be traced back to the 17th century, Hebburn Colliery was established in 1792 and operated until 1932. In the mid 19th century the shipbuilding industry rapidly grew in Hebburn. Shipyard owner Andrew Leslie paid for the building of Church of St Andrew, this local landmark is now a Buddhist meditation centre.
5 Reasons to Live in Hebburn
- Hebburn has its own leisure facility, ‘Hebburn Central’, in the heart of hebburn which offers local residents a gym, exercise and fitness classes, two pools and a state of the art library
- Conveniently placed for access Gateshead, the coast at South Shields, through to Newcastle by the Tyne Tunnel for both cars and pedestrians/cyclists, all also accessed via the Tyne and Wear Metro service
- Plenty of Green spaces to enjoy such as Carr Ellison Park and Hebburn Riverside Park
- Wide Range of Housing Stock To Suit including several new home developments which have been built in the last 20 years
- Fantastic local history of shipyards and factories throughout Hebburn
Our Hebburn Office branch
Our general office opening times are as follows: